Sunday

Pumpkin 3 ways

On Thursday the mister and I celebrated Thanksgiving with some friends in London. This Thanksgiving, thrown by an Italian and American couple, was quite different to your traditional Thanksgiving dinner, but still very good. Of course there was turkey, but instead of stuffing and the other fixins there was pumpkin risotto, focaccia bread, a mixed vegetable tart and so on. I brought dessert and I made 3 different types of pumpkin dessert. 

The first was a cinnamon cake with pumpkin frosting. The blog I got it from is amazing for desserts but also has great (and not very difficult) dinner recipes. I highly recommend checking it out.

image [via]
I also brought Martha's Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins which were a huge hit.

image [via]
 And before I rolled the pumpkin muffins in cinnamon and sugar I decided to frost a few of them with left over  pumpkin frosting. Neither the cakes or the frosting were overwhelmingly pumpkin, so the pumpkin on pumpkin was actually pretty good. I spent the entire day in the kitchen baking (and also put my new KitchenAid mixer to work) and it was well worth it. Another successful expat Thanksgiving!

** If you're looking for pumpkin puree in a can check Waitrose or Ocado

No comments:

Post a Comment