Sunday

Sunny Sundays

After a horrific wind storm on Friday night, we've had 2 beautifully sunny days this weekend. This morning, the sun was so bright, it was beaming in through our blackout curtains, that I got up earlier than normal and still felt really rested. The mister and I decided to head out to Gail's for a coffee and pastry and take advantage of the weather. Gail's just opened in Barnes a few weeks ago and it could not be a more welcome addition. I remember when Gail's was just a small chain with about half a dozen stores and now there are 16 across London. We took our pastries across to the pond and sat out in the sun for nearly an hour, just eating and chatting.

look at all those cakes and treats!

I will try every single loaf. 

Almond croissant.  

The pond is lacking quiet a bit of foliage but look at that sun! 

Of course we also walked away from Gail's with a loaf of sweet potato and goat's cheese bread to have with dinner. (I just could not resist!!) I had picked up some fresh Jerusalem artichokes on Saturday morning and was planning on making Jerusalem artichoke soup from James Marsden's, Do Ahead Dinners, and the bread seemed like a perfect add on. And boy was I right.

soon to be roasted red onion





The soup would have been a lot better if I'd used fresh chicken stock I think - a lesson learned for next time. The good news is I have a huge chunk of bread left over for lunch tomorrow. Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment