Monday

This weekend in food

It was another delicious weekend and in an effort to shave off some of the guilt from over-eating, I absolutely killed it at the gym on Saturday and can still barely make it up and down the stairs.

I kicked off the weekend a little early on Thursday with a trip to BRGR. It's not the greatest picture but see how the brioche bun is glistening - man it was good. And A&W Rootbeer, oh how I miss you!!




On Saturday, after checking out Inside Llewyn Davis at the Olympic, we tried out a new (to us) pub restaurant, The Victoria, in Sheen. The pub is really adorable and set in a quiet residential neighborhood but the service and food just weren't quite right. My starter, Lamb Kafta, was really good, but my main, Ox cheek, was so tough I couldn't really eat it. Coupled with the fact that everything came out at lightening speed, there wasn't even an illusion that any of it was prepared after we ordered. 




And on Sunday I hobbled my way to Columbia Road in East London for afternoon tea at Cake Hole with Vale. I always love our afternoon teas together. Always the right amount of girly chat/therapy I need!



And to top it all off, the mister made some incredible granola!


No comments:

Post a Comment